Worksite Monitor, Work Learn Grow Program
Work Learn & Grow Program (WLG)
Youth Workforce Department
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Central Queens YM & YWHA and Samuel Field YM & YWHA’s Youth Workforce Department is comprised of a number of different programs serving individuals predominantly from 14-24 years old. The individual hired as the Part - Time Worksite Monitor will be working with the Work, Learn & Grow Program. WLG provides participants of the 2017 Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) who are between the ages of 14-24 and currently in-school with career readiness training and paid employment opportunities for up to twenty five weeks from October to April.
Program Overview: The purpose of the Work Learn & Grow program is to provide New York City youth with year round employment and educational experiences that build on their individual strengths and incorporate youth development principles. These principles include engaging the talents and interests of youth, developing their skills and competencies, and providing positive adult role models
The goals and objectives of Work Learn & Grow are:
- To provide a valuable work experience at job sites that are safe and well supervised
- To assist youth in identifying their career interests through exposure to different industries, occupations, educational pathways, and the requirements for success in each of them
- To enable youth to acquire positive work habits and develop employment-related skills
- To facilitate the long-term employment and self-sufficiency of youth
- To enable youth to develop a greater understanding of higher education and career options available to them
- To enable youth to develop financial literacy and other competencies that will prepare them to succeed in their transition to adulthood
- High School Diploma/ GED required; college degree or current college enrollment preferred.
- Passion for youth and community development
- Experience and comfort working with youth and workplace professionals
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Extreme attention to detail and strong multi-tasker
- Ability to make deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Past experience working with Summer Youth Employment (SYEP)/Work Learn & Grow (WLG) preferred
- Ability to travel throughout NYC via public transportation or one’s own personal transportation (preferred)
- New York State Driver’s License preferred
- Visit each worksite in caseload once a week, minimally.
- Ensure WLG participants are satisfied with worksite placements and are completing maximum hours; contact youth as necessary to follow up on missed hours
- Ensure worksites are providing a safe and supportive environment to youth assigned to the site
- Serve as a liaison between WLG participants and the Central Queens YM & YWHA to communicate information at regular intervals
- Distribute and collect participant timesheets, program evaluations and other program documents weekly
- Monitor and report any issues or violations to proper personnel
- Complete weekly monitoring reports for each worksite assigned to caseload
- Participate in WLG and worksite supervisors’ orientations.
- Administrative duties as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
Hours: Seasonal, Part-time, 19 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Adam Fier at AFier@cqy.org Please indicate “WLG Worksite Monitor” in subject line of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.