Workshop Facilitator, Ladders For Leaders
Part-Time (Multiple Positions)
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Commonpoint Queens’s Youth Workforce Department is comprised of a number of different programs serving individuals predominantly from 14-24 years old. The individual hired as the Social Worker will be working with the Ladders for Leaders Program and reporting to the Program Director.
Program Overview: Under the supervision of the Director of Youth & Adolescent Community Based Programs of the Commonpoint Queens framework of a holistic (social, emotional, physical, and cognitive) Human Development Model of a family-supported, strength-focused, and hope-engendering practice, an individual hired as a Part-Time L4L Workshop Facilitator will run workshops for the Ladders for Leaders Program through Commonpoint Queens. S/he will report to the Program Manager with the ability to facilitate instruction based on work readiness curriculum and prepare young adults and adolescents within our community based educational setting. The facilitator will be responsible for teaching up to 25 – 75 participants per class.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Ladders for Leaders Workshop Facilitator will be required to perform the following duties:
- Provides workshops and seminars to high school and college students (ages 16 - 22) related to employment skills, including resume writing and interview preparation.
- Conduct individual and group mock interviews.
- Provide appropriate professional feedback to participants.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Work as a team with staff in program planning and curriculum development.
- Adapt teaching style to engage and maintain retention in the program.
- Ability to conduct workshops to group sizes ranging from 25 - 75 participants.
- Be organized and complete basic data entry and administrative tasks when needed.
- Ability to be creative and adapt curriculum as needed.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION
Bachelor's or Master’s Degree. At least one (1) year of successful teaching/group work experience in an urban school or facilitating work readiness training preferred.
- Strong interest in working with high-achieving high school and college students.
- Available to work consistently on SUNDAYS is a MUST.
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from a very diverse number of backgrounds.
- Must have a strong belief that all students can learn and succeed.
- Wants to inspire and motivate youth to succeed and lead their best life.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
- Ability to establish a rapport with students and maintain an environment that supports learning
- An upbeat personality and pleasant demeanor with an optimistic attitude.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the agency, including policies and procedures.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully, and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Ability to travel to multiple service sites within the division.
Hours: 19 hours/week
Start Date: January 2019
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
To Apply: Email cover letter and résumé as a PDF or Word document only, to Albina Baazov at L4L@commonpointqueens.org
Please indicate "L4L Workshop Facilitator" in subject of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.