Site Coordinator for After School
in Astoria, Queens
Under the supervision of the Director of Youth & Adolescent Community Based Programs of the Central Queens Y, and within the Samuel Field Y framework of a holistic (social, emotional, physical, and cognitive) Human Development Model of a family-supported, strength-focused, and hope-engendering practice, an individual hired as the Site Coordinator of an after-school program in Astoria, Queens, will report directly to the Director of Youth & Adolescent Community Based Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Site Coordinator will
- Be responsible for providing assistance to the after school program, including the development and management of daily contractual requirements.
- Act as the liaison between the school, families involved in the program, and the Central Queens Y.
- Be responsible for the supervision, development and coordination of staff, including Group Leaders, Group Aides, and Specialists.
- Maintain constant contact with parents.
- Maintain programmatic paperwork and registration.
- Masters in Social Work or related field, SIFI certification a plus.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience working in youth programs in a leadership role.
- Experience in program administration and planning is preferred.
- Prior experience in a school setting is helpful.
- Interest in providing quality educational and enrichment experiences to youth.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- An upbeat personality and pleasant demeanor.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
Hours: Seasonal (Part-Time) Afternoon/Evenings
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Please indicate "Site Coordinator–After School" in subject of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.