The Parenting Center at Central Queens YM & YWHA provides the most welcoming, nurturing, and educational programs available in Queens. We offer classes for newborns to four year olds in music, dance, arts and crafts, movement, and pre-nursery separation. Our parenting classes provide the crucial foundation for youngsters who successfully advance to our nursery school and beyond. The Parenting Center serves more than 100 families and openly welcomes all members of our community. We are the hospitality center for families, helping them to discover one another and build a supportive, neighborhood feeling in our diverse community.
In all of our parenting classes, your son or daughter will learn basic educational skills in addition to learning how to share, take turns, listen, make friends and become self sufficient. Your child's coordination, fine and gross motor skills, memory, attention span and language will be developed and fine-tuned by participating in our programs. We work closely with our preschool social workers to support families facing learning problems or family issues. Our caring, devoted staff is available for support, guidance, information, and resources the minute you step into the building.
To see our current class schedule please click here.
A NOTE TO PARENTS:
Welcome to the CQY’s Parenting Center! We hope that you will visit us, and look forward to helping you find the best activities for your child’s unique needs and interests. In order to best provide you with effective and affordable programs, please note the following:
1. While many children understandably must miss classes due to varied circumstances, we cannot offer make-up classes.
2. In order to best focus upon the needs of children enrolled in the classes, we must ask that no un-enrolled siblings be brought to any classes. If you need babysitting services, we may be able to help you with such arrangements.
3. Any arrangement to view a class or take a paid trial class may be made with Robin Kaufman in advance.
4. While we will seek to respond to family concerns regarding children with allergic conditions, we cannot ensure that the classroom will be free of any specific products.
5. All Parenting Center classes require the presence and participation of a parent or caregiver, unless stated otherwise.
We appreciate your gracious compliance with these rules. If you have any questions, please contact Robin Kaufman at ext. 482.