Grants Billing Specialist
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Grants Billing Specialist is a key member of the Finance team and reports to the Director of Contracts. The primary responsibilities include all aspects of contract accounting, budget modifications, internal reporting (including monthly/quarterly variance reporting), monthly billing and reconciliations. The Grants Billing Specialist ensures compliance with funding source guidelines, timely recording of revenue and expenses, and accurate submission of financial reports.
She/he is expected to use and apply accounting skills to analyze and resolve accounting transactions, and initiate appropriate corrections. The Grants Billing Specialist interacts with programmatic staff to assist with contract budget management and resolve discrepancies and disputes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Submits grants billing/invoices, including supporting documents such as receipts, statements, invoices, purchase order and others.
- Enters/updates grants billing schedule.
- Maintains an organized file maintenance system for all Grants.
- Tracks agreements and grant schedules.
- Prepares invoices for all services provided in accordance with the terms and conditions of contracts.
- Compiles all information required to support the preparation and submission of monthly invoices for each contract.
- Prepares year-end invoices reflecting differences for each contract containing billings for additional services provided which reflect final price modifications.
- Prepares/reviews reports to help manage unbilled charges
- Assists managers developing budgets and setting up cost reports to make sure current commitments do not exceed current budget.
- Provides assistance to managers and supervisors by keeping them informed when grant expenses are over/under the grant budget, informs them when payroll action forms need to be generated to change allocation based on grant allocation, and additionally provides financial reports to CFO and managers as needed.
- Makes all necessary G/L adjustments to grant revenue, A/R, deferred revenue and expenses, prepares schedules for annual audit and any other grant related audits as needed.
- Other as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- 2+ years of relevant experience in grants billing in a non-profit environment
- BSc degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Pro-active work ethic and ability to perform with minimal supervision
How to apply: Please email a cover letter and résumé, to Sabina Klimentos, Director of Contract Management, at SKlimentos@sfy.org Please indicate "Grants Billing Specialist" in subject of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.