STATEMENT OF THE JOB
The Contracts Manager is a key member of the Finance team and reports to the Director of Contracts. The primary responsibilities include all aspects of contract accounting, budget development, budget modifications, internal reporting (including monthly/quarterly variance reporting), monthly billing and reconciliations. The Contracts Manager ensures compliance with funding source guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, and accurate submission of financial reports.
She/he is expected to use and apply accounting skills at full proficiency level to analyze and resolve accounting transactions, and initiate appropriate corrections. The Contracts Manager interacts with programmatic staff to assist with contract budget management and resolve discrepancies and disputes. She/he serves as liaison with government Contracts.
This position has the potential to grow to managing a team of grants accountants/bookkeepers for the right candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares, verifies, and processes invoices for sales or services rendered
- Responsible for federal, state and city contract management, including communication with funding sources and program staff
- Monitors grant expenses to ensure they are within approved budgets, posted to appropriate accounts and incurred within regulatory guidelines
- Prepares expense allocations and import into MIP accounting software
- Prepares timely correcting entries as needed
- Trains staff on proper coding of expenditures and ensure expenditures are coded consistently
- Maintains and update monthly staff salary allocation Master Spreadsheet, including working with PR Manager to maintain payroll distribution codes within the payroll systems.
- Prepares, reconciles and submits monthly/quarterly vouchers and drawdowns; records receivable in MIP Accounting Software
- Reviews and reconcile accounts receivables to ensure timely payments.
- Performs monthly reconciliations of assigned contracts
- Ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Conducts monthly/quarterly review with sponsored program staff and document variances and corrective action plans
- Maintains complete and accurate grant files
- Prepares program budgets/modifications in a timely manner with program management
- Preparations of materials for agency-wide and/or program audits
- Systematically and timely updates and maintains the Master Grant file spreadsheet
- Regularly communicates contract requirements and updates to program staff
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- 3+ years of relevant experience in contracts management in a non-profit environment
- BSc degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
- Must have experience managing federal, state and city Contracts; Medicare/Medicaid billing a plus
- Intimate familiarity with DYCD contract management is a must
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Pro-active work ethic and ability to perform with minimal supervision
How to apply: Please email a cover letter and résumé, to Sabina Klimentos, Director of Contract Management, at SKlimentos@sfy.org Please indicate "Contracts Manager" in subject of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.