After School Program Coordinator
The After-School Program Coordinator implements our youth program ranging from Kindergarten through 8th grade, including training, supporting, and overseeing the staff that cares for the children overseeing program design and implementation, and leading parent engagement activities. Reporting to the Director, the Coordinator will carry out the responsibilities of the position as defined below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership around program development and implementation, program activities and scheduling
- Provide daily supervision of, and coaching for, program staff
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, youth, parents, and school (for school-based programs).
- Perform and oversee participant training and supervision
- Establish and maintain positive stakeholder relationships that advance and enrich the program
- Complete evaluation reports on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Maintain professional files on all staff for Department of Health review
- Order, manage and keep track of all program supplies and food/snack deliveries
- Keep organized computer records of all finances, registration, daily attendance and all other program-related information.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Two to Three years of post-college, full-time work experience in the nonprofit or private sector
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work or other relevant subject
- Prior success managing and developing staff talent
- Experience working with youth in an educational setting
- Prior program and contract management experience
- Superior leadership and management skills and the ability to motivate, train, and support members of a team
- Good organizational and planning skills, high level of creativity, and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Willingness and ability to travel between agency and program site as needed
- Willingness to submit to and pass criminal, child protection, and sexual registry background check
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel to multiple service sites within the agency.
- Schedule: Part time (Mondays and Tuesdays, 12:30 pm - 6:00 pm, with 3-5 additional office hours during the week)
- Location: CQY
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Stacey Levine, LMSW at SLevine@cqy.org with the subject line "After School Program Coordinator."