Central Queens Y is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community center serving over 10,000 persons of diverse backgrounds in Queens County. The CQY provides a continuum of social, recreational, and educational services for children, families and adults. For over two generations, the Central Queens Y, located in Forest Hills Queens, has been a special place for thousands of families, older adults, children and individuals who participate in its parenting, preschool, after school, cultural arts, camping, health and fitness, social services, and senior programming.
We are a community center with seven (7) after-school programs, run from different school locations within Queens. We are currently looking for Homework Room Supervisors to staff our various after-school programs. Strong preference for candidates that can commit to five (5) days a week from approximately 2:00–6:30 p.m.
1. Assists in planning, preparing, and developing various teaching aids.
2. Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
3. Assists in presenting subject matter to students, utilizing a variety of methods and techniques such as lecture, discussion, and supervised role playing.
4. Assists in administering pre- and post-course tests.
5. May drive children to/from branch locations.
6. Assist members with school homework.
7. Ability to communicate positively with parents on progress of their children.
8. Maintain overall cleanliness and organization of the Homework Room.
Start Date: Sept. 9, 2013
Hours: Part–Time, Afternoons
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Please indicate “Homework Supervisor” in the subject line of the email. You may also fax your cover letter and résumé to 718-793-0515. Please write: ‘Attention: Tamar Lanzillo’ on the cover sheet. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent homework room supervisor for Central Queens YM & YWHA. We will contact only those candidates who meet our criteria in order to arrange an interview. Due to the high volume of applicants interviews are conducted in groups.