Administrative Assistant, Ladders For Leaders
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Commonpoint Queens’s Youth Workforce Department is comprised of a number of different programs serving individuals predominantly from 14-24 years old. The individual hired as the Administrative Assistant will be working with the Ladders for Leaders Program and reporting to the Program Director.
Program Overview: Ladders for Leaders provides paid professional internships to NYC youth between the ages of 16 and 22. Applicants are evaluated based on academic performance, response to an essay question, and résumé quality. Selected applicants will undertake 20-30 hours of pre-employment training designed to teach essential workplace readiness skills and professional etiquette. Participants will then have the opportunity to interview for summer internships at a variety of companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support including organizing and maintaining documentation and digital files/records (including those of a confidential nature); preparing materials for conferences/meetings; drafting routine correspondence.
- Provide general support to office staff and visitors.
- Communicate with student applicants and participants by telephone and email.
- Assist with data collection and tracking of program outcomes to support reporting.
- Be organized and complete basic data entry and other clerical tasks as requested.
- Manage workflow by ensuring deadlines are met and work completed correctly.
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copiers, etc.
- Respond to questions and requests for information.
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers.
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionists duties when needed.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION
High School Diploma. Current undergrad and graduate students.
- Strong interest in working with high-achieving high school and college students.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals.
- Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the agency, including policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate cultural competency through familiarity in working with people from very diverse backgrounds.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully, and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
- Detailed-oriented and comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced work environment.
- Computer literate including experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and the internet.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Preferably 1-2 years experience in office setting.
Hours: Part - Time, 19 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to Albina Baazov at L4L@commonpointqueens.org.
Please indicate “Administrative Assistant” in subject line of email.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.